About Jr. Heat
To provide the best development opportunity for female volleyball athletes in the Okanagan.
- To prepare athletes to compete at the Canadian post secondary level (U SPORTS and CCAA).
- Develop a connection between the Heat club athletes and the Heat varsity athletes.
- Develop female athletes that will become leaders in women’s volleyball.
Jr Heat Volleyball Club AGM
Sunday, December 10th, 2017
UBC Okanagn Gymnasium
The Heat Teams:
- 18U (for female athletes born in 2000 or later, including those born in 1999 Sept – Dec.)
- 17U (for female athletes born in 2001 or later. This team could include a small number of underage players)
Club Fees for the 2018 Season:
Junior Heat Volleyball Club fees are $1,500 per athlete – club fees will cover the following:
- Coaching honorariums & fees
- Volleyball BC & Volleyball Canada registration
- Tournament entry fees
- Volleyballs and equipment
- Facility rentals
- Physical training
Fees do not cover accommodations, transportation or food:
We welcome parent and family member spectators at tournaments, and offer all athletes the option of staying/travelling with their parents, or with teammates under parental supervision.
Teams will practice 2 to 3 times per week in January/early February. Teams will practice 3 to 4 times per week from March to May. This will allow athletes that are participating in other programs such as the Volleyball Canada Regional Excellence Program or school based programs to continue with those programs during the early part of the club season.
- February 17-18, Super Series in Langley, BC
- March 17-18, Super Series in Kelowna, BC
- March 24-25, Heat Invitational in Kelowna, BC
- March 30-31/April 1, Best of the West, Calgary, AB
- April 20-22, Provincial Championships in Richmond, BC (Olympic Oval)
- May 20-22, National Championships in Edmonton, Alberta
Other competitions may be added, most likely in early February and between Provincials and Nationals.
For more information on the Jr. Heat Volleyball Club please contact: